Monday, April 26, 2010

Reframing Failure

In contemplating over the weekend about the final 4 weeks of the school year, and reflecting on the days, weeks, & quarters passed, I came to a realization.

As we struggle, so do we learn. It has been an amazing year, full of ups & downs, change & challenge. It is sometimes easy to focus on the missed opportunities, the mistakes, & perceived failures of the past. I believe this goes for students as well. So, in my attempt to reframe my thoughts around failure I came across some inspirational quotes & thought I'd share them. So, beginning with my own attempt, here they are.

Here's to a GREAT finish to a remarkable school year!

"If at first we do not succeed, failures we do not make, rather, life gives us another opportunity to take." -- MJVannice

"Do not fear mistakes. There are none." -- Miles Davis

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently."
-- Henry Ford

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." -- Confucius

"I have not failed once. I've just found 10,000 ways that didn't work." -- Thomas Edison

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly."
-- Robert F. Kennedy

"Failure is success if we learn from it." -- Malcolm Forbes

"I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward." -- Thomas A. Edison

"Fall seven times, stand up eight." -- Japanese Proverb

"Stumbling is not falling." -- Portuguese Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment