Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Why w3ightless?


w3ightless?? Why w3ightless?
As I first began the process of sharing my reflections, my discoveries, and building my PLN, I wanted to find a way to categorize what I wrote about. I guess I was trying to appeal to an audience. What I found is that there was a common thread amongst my posted reflections, my "almost-posted" reflections, my discoveries and my discussions. I seem to keep coming back to the notion that possibility is not bound by the limits of others but rather by the limits within myself. Eventually, as a reminder so to speak, I came up with the concept of w3ightless-ness. If my challenges are my own, if I embrace the obstacles, if I avoid judgement, if I stay open, then the sky's the limit.

I've always been a big fan of The Roots. On Sacrifice (Phrenology, 2002) Black Thought says "Nose to the grindstone, head to the stars". That line has stuck with me for many reasons. The overall extension/connection for me is that hard work pays off and that dreams and the belief in possibility have a guiding influence in my life. So....w3ightless it is. 

Peace & Love- Matt



No comments:

Post a Comment